Wednesday, September 1, 2010

But what if I don't want to be "The Other Guy?"

In response to Paul's post on "The Other Guy's" on http://www.spiritualpopcorn.blogspot.com/.

But what if I don't want to be "The Other Guy's"? Not that I'm looking to be the arrogant cops played by Dwayne Johnson and Samuel Jackson but I'm tired of doing the paperwork behind the scenes. 

I wouldn't mind being like Angelina Jolie, even with her demons, she is working hard using her status working with organizations like; Afghanistan Relief Organization, Alliance for the Lost Boys, and the Cancer Schmancer Movement to make the world a better place. She has stated in interviews that she merely makes movies so that she can take weeks/months at a time working with various charitable organizations. Yes, there are many "other guys" behind the scenes doing a lot of paperwork to make these organizations work but she is helping bring their service to the greater public.

I understand what Paul is saying in his blog. Yes, I believe that "Other Guys" are necessary to make the world go around and if we all loved our jobs and expressed joy in doing it, like Terry Holtz (Mark Whalberg's character) when he was directing traffic maybe I wouldn't mind so much. But I do mind. I mind because so many people hate their jobs. It sucks the energy from them and they go home spiritually, emotionally, and physically drained. Get out of your dead end job and be the lead character in your own life.

I think this lack of participation in life is what has motivated me to become a Public Speaker and Life Coach. I had fallen into mediocrity and no longer did I want to be a supporting character in my own life anymore. I want to be the lead and help others to do so in their own lives. Get out from under the dominant characters in our lives and live with passion and joy.

We are given such amazing gifts from God. We know when we are using them when we are energized, filled with joy, and on a natural high. Not feeling it? Then maybe you are just an extra in someone elses story. Me? No, I'm not really feeling it. However, I have a plan and I'm working on goals to get me to the lead role in the story of my life.

I thank the Lord every time He graces me with moments where I am using my gifts to their fullest potential. I relish in those feelings of empowerment, joy, and energy and remind myself that it won't be too long until I am there all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment